Monday, October 6, 2014

Germany, You are Going to Love My Barbie Doll Collection!

I have always loved toys, especially dolls, and playing with them.  Now you might think what is an almost 63 year old woman doing playing with dolls?  As I have mentioned many times, my husband spent 30 years in the United States Army, retiring as a colonel, and works now for the State Department.  We both have a great respect and admiration for those serving in our military, and their families who sacrifice and serve as well.  Part of our ministry toward these our national heroes is to provide what we can to honor them and offer our hospitality.  One of the things that we do is offer Barbie Doll themed parties for the little girls of military families, and while we are in Frankfurt we will pack up my Barbies and other dolls and toys, and provide a room where these special children can enjoy the stress relief that "pretend" play offers to children. So here are a few selections from my "movie star" collection.  See if you can guess from the close up photos, what star the doll is honoring!















Did you guess 007?



Does she look like My Fair Lady?
























I don't think this beauty is recognizable as the star she is made after...

Things are not in true proportion...

As the box shot shows, Dolly's eyes are much larger than portrayed, and they lift up at the corners.



 Of course there is no guessing here...



Well, I must get back to work, I have over two thousand Barbies to pack...

I want to share my Barbie collection with Frankfurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment