Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Saw Heaven Today, Just a Glimpse...

I just heard the most incredible recorded conversation between a mother and her two children, a little girl and a little boy.  She is the widow of a fallen Soldier, and one of my dearest friends in this world. The little girl is singing a song she has spontaneously made up about her father... it is full of joy, yet talks of wanting him to come back to her family where they love him so much, and miss him.  She talks of wanting to "squeeze him again." 



Then the two children ask about heaven, and what it is like, and when they will see him again, and how they can go to heaven too... their mother answers so sweetly, and the children go on with their small world of getting their homework, and preparing for school the next day.  My friend just allows the recording to fade out as they leave the room and their voices grow more faint.  After listening to the recording, I felt as though I had been on a long vacation, well rested, and so at peace.

As I said, their mother is one of my dearest friends, and these little children are so beautiful in every way, their hearts are so pure before God, and they miss their father so much.  He died in May of 2011.  He was an Afghan Soldier. Families are really the same all over the world.  We are one people everywhere, all a part of the human race, with the same needs and desires for peace, for safety to live and work in, and for love to remain with us in this world as long as it can.

No comments:

Post a Comment