Thursday, October 1, 2015

Sometimes the Smallest Things Lift Me So Much

This morning I had to catch the train to the doctor's office, and I was feeling less than great.  As I walked up on the platform a lovely German lady down the way was singing, "oh what a beautiful morning,"  as she walked up to a group of women.  I "moseied" down that way.  "Moseied" is a good cowboy word from Texas meaning strolling nonchalantly...

I sat down, and even though I could not understand most of what they were saying, I understood that these women were all good friends, and off on an adventure together.  Women understand the sounds of long standing friendship... and when I had listened awhile I felt so much better.  It was almost like I was a part of the group, so I asked them if I could take their picture.  As I knew they would, they consented.  I didn't learn a single name, because at about that time the train arrived, but it didn't matter.

My love of Germany is founded in so many things, the beauty of nature here, the Germans' love of flowers and growing things, the architecture, the history, the castles and other beautiful places... but most of all the people...

No comments:

Post a Comment