Monday, August 31, 2015

We Had Such a Great Weekend in Wiesbaden, Germany

I have so many new beautiful images, it will take at least a week to share all of them, but I have to start with the photos from the most gorgeous restaurant I have ever been to.  Randy just finds these places walking around and wandering up and down streets.  He outdid himself this time!

As Randy first went in to check whether they took credit cards or not, I barely glanced at the restaurant.  I was too busy photographing the pharmacy across the street which was so quaint and beautiful.  (In Germany they love and honor the old and beautiful, and keep the traditional beauty of a building as they carry out the needed maintenance for the buildings that house their businesses in these very old cities like Wiesbaden.) 

  
Along with this beautiful facade, there is a magnificent golden sculpture of a deer stag mounted on the second story of the building.  It is so striking.



 So it was after turning my interest from this stunning attraction that I began to take in the details of the restaurant, and I have never seen a more exquisite eatery than Cafe Maldaner in Wiesbaden, a coffee house first established in 1859.  Everywhere I looked as I entered, every element of the design and decor contributed to the unique style which makes this cafe such a delightful experience.The first thing which the eye is drawn to is the display case filled with the desserts, baked goods,  and pastries which they are famous for.





Quickly attention is drawn to the beautiful setting where you can enjoy these delicacies!  


Keep watching the blog this week for more shots of this charming place perfect
for experiencing the enchanting culture which is uniquely Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment