Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wiesbaden Has Beautiful Buildings and Churches

We first ventured to Wiesbaden when my husband and I made the trip by bus and train to this charming city for groceries and to purchase a bicycle.  There is a commissary and PX there, so we save money, so more money for fun!  It was love at first sight, and the bus drives through the city were delightful!  The architecture is to me the most intriguing part of the city. 

Today their are only fourteen of the original twenty six hot springs which still flow.  Wiesbaden has always been know for those hot springs.  In fact "Wiesbaden," which translates "meadow baths," is one of the oldest health centers in Europe because of these marvelous hot springs.  The hot springs brought the designation of "spa baths," which became heralded as having "healing properties."



We have yet to visit the spa baths, but as I said, the first draw for me is the beautiful architecture.  On Saturday we visited one of the main streets where the famous beautiful and very old churches are.  We took our little Sheltie, Chance with us, and he was charming as always.  In the little pizzeria where we stopped for lunch, the owner brought Chance his own bowl of water and plate of bread, which our little dog enjoyed very much.







                                     The street scenes look like they are from a movie to me,
                                           and I was captivated as we walked and explored.
                                                    
                       

 

I did mention that I found the churches most the most fascinating didn't I?

I will be sharing those images next...

No comments:

Post a Comment